Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Summer Wedding

A couple weekends ago we went to a friends wedding. The coincidental part of this wedding is that I went to graduate school with the bride and Ethan works with the groom. They had an outdoor wedding at St. James Park. After some late rain the the night before it turned into a beautiful day. We dressed the girls up in some new, pretty dresses which complimented each other. They looked so nice. The wedding was very nice and the girls did pretty well. With one minor incident while I was up and standing with Katherine I watched Ethan pick up Emma and carry her over to a picnic table. Not sure what was happening I stayed put with Katherine for another minute when I realized it was something I should check on. Turns out Emma was stung by a bee on her finger and her upper chest. Luckily there was a woman sitting outside her house whom I ran over to and asked for ice. She was very accomodating. Unfortunately we were not up close to see the end of the ceremony or snap some photos of their kiss. Oh well. Many of Ethan's co-workers were at the wedding and asked at the reception what happened - they all commented at how well she handled it. And thinking about it she did handle it very well. I thought she was going to be sick on Ethan because when she becomes really upset about something she sometimes vomits but she kept it together. She carried a bag of ice around on and off her neck. It would feel better and than it would not - ahh, the life of a 5 year old. Since we were all dressed up we tried to have some photos in the park. They did not work out the best because katherine was upset over seeing the playground. We were able to keep it from her until after the wedding believe it or not. We tried again at home in our neighbors lovely yard and this time it was a success. After the wedding as well Katherine was intrigued by the String Quartet playing on the band shell. She went up to investigate, and one of the violinists actually gave her his bow. Wow! I was a bit worried she may not want to give it back even though Katherine is very good at making sure things go back to where they belong or who they belong to. She even knows which drinks in the refrigerator belong to who. By the way Ethan and I went to the reception without daughters and enjoyed ourselves very much. Photos are here.




Future violinist?
Our attempts at a family photo at the park.


The Happy Couple

No comments: