Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kindergarten!




Today could not start soon enough for Emma. Her first day of Kindergarten. She was so excited that she called for me at 6am this morning and asked "why is it taking so long?" I told her to go back to sleep. Even though I had been awake for an hour not able to sleep myself. I think I was quite excited and nervous for her as well. When it was time to wake up - she was all smiles, cooperative and so grown up looking in her uniform. She could not wait to walk to the bus stop. We walked her to the bus stop (2 blocks from us - very easy walk) and then drove to school to see her come off the bus and wait with her to go into school. Katherine was excited about the bus - she even had another new word - "bus" but it sounds like "bu" because she cannot say "s". Emma did great heading off to school. There were no tears or signs of fear. There is one photo in the classroom she looks a bit nervous but she did fine when it was time for us to leave. She did so great on the bus. She thought it was awesome but bumpy! She only had a 1/2 day today and 2 more 1/2 days this week, then next week she will start to go all day - 7 hours. I am not sure what Katherine will do. Since the minute we left school she was asking "Emma?" It will sure be different not having her here at all during the day. Unbelieveable to me - I did not have any tears this morning. I think because Emma did so well, and my excitement for her helped.


Emma please don't go...

No comments: