Emma has been playing soccer with the Green Bay Strikers for the last 3 weeks. She is enjoying the new friends and playing soccer when she is not socializing on the field. :-) They are co-ed teams made up of 4 and 5 year olds. There are no goalies and they do not keep technically keep score. They are so much fun to watch because as someone put it the other night, "they are like a swarm of bees following the honeypot". There are only 4 games left of the season. I wish there were more. Emma is the red team and they named themselves the "Badgers". She is number 5 because that is her favorite number I learned. Why? I asked her is that your favorite number. Her response "because I am going to be 5 Mom". Oh. So I guess next year it may be 6. Wednesday night we hoped the rain would hold off for the entire game but it did not. It started raining at some point in the 2nd quarter. They have 4 quarters - 10 minutes each and a half time. Eventually it was a down pour but they kept playing because there was no lightning or thunder. All the kids from both teams seem to be enjoying it. I think some parents were more concerned. We were not since we love to run in the rain of course we are glad to see our daughter is not afraid to be in the rain. And neither of our girls was - especially katherine. She had a blast and seemed to be amazed about the phenomenon of rain. You will see from the photos.
Katherine as well enjoys the games in fact she dribble a ball almost as well as some of them. Her gross motor skills are coming along quite well compared to her fine motor and language skills. She enjoys clapping, visiting with other soccer fans, looking for food from other soccer fans, and checking out the big kids waiting on the blanket for their turn to play.



No comments:
Post a Comment