This past weekend I took part in the 34th annual Bellin Run. I was one of 18,000 runners for this famous 10K race. It is one of the top 10 largest 10Ks in the country. They were worried it may be canceled because of thunderstorms earlier in the week and the possibility of more Saturday morning but the rain stayed away. Yeah! It was a cool morning in the 60s and overcast. Plus, a misting of rain which was great. Perfect for running especially for me. I ran with a friend and we did awesome! I actually pushed her along and ran 9:00 and some sub 9:00 minute miles. She actually asked me to slow up a few times. After the disaster of a half-marathon 2 weeks ago this was amazing to me. I felt awesome! ! My finishing time was 55:11. I still have to check on my PRs but I think this may be it. I don't have any photos to show for my awesome race because no one from my family was there to witness it and that's okay. My wonderful husband had a chance for free golf with my Dad and so he gave up the annual Bellin to golf. And initially he was supposed to work anyways.
Emma ran a kids run on Friday night and did great! It was a 1/4 mile and she ran the whole way without stopping. Plus, we were able to start at the front of the line and only 1 other girl passed her on the way to the finish and only a handful of boys were infront of her. I was so proud of her for running the entire way.

Way to go Emma!

Oh yeah, and Katherine tried "hooping"

She was mesmerized by this woman with the hula hoops.
No comments:
Post a Comment