Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Belated Rose Bowl

Well I know its a month late but here are some photos from our trip to Pasadena, California. I had a number of photos on my camera and Ethan had a ton so I chose just 12 from my camera that captures a little of everything we did.


We are in California!


They gave us a car with Texas plates! We are Badger fans not TCU. :-)


Ethan really wanted to see this place - there are wonderful views of the Los Angeles area from it.


At the Santa Monica Pier


The newest member of the family - Ethan's cousin Andrew's son Arjen. They may live in Californa but Andrew, a fellow UW Alum is raising him well from the start - as a Badger fan!
 
Devon, Arjen,  Andrew, Ethan, I and Liz. We met Ethan's cousin & wife plus newborn son and Devon's parents at the Santa Monica pier for lunch and just some relaxing catch up family time considering they all live in CA.

3 friends taking a foot dip in the ocean

A view from our drive on Hwy 1
 
Ice skating! This is what we did New Year's Eve at a small, local skating rink in Thousand Oaks, CA near our hotel. The best part of it is there was a private party happening but the guy told us we could skate. But he also told us "if you recognize anyone just leave them alone." We are not sure who it was although both Liz & I think it was the same guy but we don't know who he is.  


New Year's morning at the Rose Bowl Parade. It was chilly! But worth the wait and the cold.


Yeah! We are really here.

At the game before it becamse gut wrenching and nerve wracking. :-)


No comments: