Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Running here and running there...

My daughters continue to grow - fast. Emma is 4 going on 12 lately - her new phase seems to be what she says is right. Katherine has become a baby Godzilla - wanting, trying, and succeeding to climb anything. She recently discovered she can get up on the kitchen chairs and then likes to look for anything she can on the table, especially food, that could become hers. She has also tried climbing our kitchen stools but that backfired and the stool fell back on her -although she did not cry. She has turned into a bruiser. In March she ran into the corner of a friend's kitchen cabinet and had a large goose egg appear. Along with other bruises, scratches and marks that mysteriously appear and disappear.

This is the goose egg.

So my daughters have continued to grow, and I have continued to run. In fact today I was able to run at 7am without children because E is home. Since my last post I have run a half-marathon in Oshkosh in mid-April (2:09), and am planning for another half May 30 in Madison. I have also ran Crazy legs in Madison (approx. 5 mile race - 44:24!). E has also been running - training for the Cellcom Green Bay full marathon (26.2 miles). Running is my freedom and I have needed it much more lately. Emma asked recently if we could go on a "non-running" trip. She would specifically like to go to Minnesota to visit family. I have started yoga as well, and I like it more than I thought I would.


Random photos of Katherine - who says the 2nd child is neglected with pictures. At this point I think the 4 year old is more neglected but I don't think she minds.
Katherine's way of pushing the stroller
These socks are good.

I'm a rock star!

No comments: