Hello. I guess it has been almost a month since my last post. Our most exciting adventure since the last time I wrote is we traveled to Minnesota about 3 weeks ago for my cousin's wife's baby shower. Yeah, Emma and Katherine will have a new cousin and their first cousin on my Dad's side of the family in about a month or so. Katherine traveled very well. Emma became a little bored here and there but we made it without any real problems or meltdowns.
Can't say the same for today. :-) Emma has really been testing Ethan and I with her non-listening ears, attitude, and talking back today. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
We had a great time in MN. We saw all the family on my Dad's side. We enjoyed the Como Zoo with the family, dinner and ice cream at Grand Ole Creamery on Saturday after the baby shower brunch. If you are ever in the Twin Cities and you like ice cream - you have to go to the Grand Ole' Creamery on Grand Avenue in St. Paul. I go there just about every time we are in MN, if I don't make it - its very disappointing. Black hills gold is one of their signature flavors. Great ice cream! While the girls were at the baby shower - Ethan enjoyed a nice run around the lakes in Minneapolis. It was a beautiful day for a run. And for the zoo!
Friday night after dinner with my Aunt we went to Target so Emma could run because she had so much energy after being in the car all day. Target - great for shopping and good for little kids needing to run! :-)
Sunday we enjoyed brunch with my Aunt and cousins at Perkins before heading home. Although we did stop at a couple stores before we actually left MN so I could try to find a red shirt to wear for photos we were having taken the next day.
We had photos taken that Monday of all of us, Emma & Katherine, and mainly Katherine by herself. I had photos of Emma taken at 6 weeks so I wanted something similar with Katherine. They turned out well and we were given all the prints and a cd, plus a release so I will post some of them soon.
Last weekend I scrapbooked on Friday night which was very relaxing. Ethan was working nights so Saturday the girls and I traveled to Nana and Papa's in Sheboygan for a sleepover. It was a nice visit - gave me some adult time with my parents and time for Emma to visit with Papa and Nana which she always enjoys.
Katherine is doing well. Today she slept a lot and did not have to eat as much - so perhaps her growth spurts are catching up with her. She has not been as regular with eating as I remember Emma being. Sometimes she can make it 3 hours and other times she can barely make it 2 hours. Nights have been going fairly better since we started putting her to bed earlier. We figured out we may have been putting her to bed too late even though it was only 8pm. We remembered having to do the same with Emma. We still have to go in a few times because she likes to have her nuk to help fall asleep. I have been able to get 5 to 6 hours of continuous sleep lately, although occasionally she will still wake at 2 or 3 in the morning. I can't complain. For the most part I feel rested.
Thursday and Friday of this past week were a little crazy at points - I had Emma crying, coughing, and gagging while Katherine is screaming to eat. Then because Emma was coughing so hard from a bad cold - she had 2 accidents in 2 days, along with 2 bouts of vomit from coughing so hard, but I thought I handled them both well - I did not panic and just took it all in stride.
Emma went to a birthday party at a local hair salon for kids for a friend from preschool. She had fun even though the cold had her feeling not herself. They did the girls hair, nails, dressed up and danced, and ate pizza & specially decorated cookies.
Katherine highlights - I almost forgot. When we were in MN on Friday night she started to coo while Aunt Linda was holding her. And then on Monday when we returned from MN she started to smile. :-) She is a happy baby unless its time to eat but lately I have been beating her to the punch with meals and she has not had to get too mad. She did very well at the baby shower, and was of course passed to different individuals to hold - especially the 2 new grandma's to be had to take a chance to hold her to "practice". The father-to-be took a shot at holding her - he did well - we just had to remind him to relax. :-)
This week should be exciting because on Wednesday we will see my Uncle Bill and youngest cousin Griffin from Atlanta, GA who are in the state to see my cousin, Kylie, who goes to Ripon. She plays softball and will be playing St. Norbert's on Wednesday. Otherwise - Easter is Sunday and we will celebrate Saturday night and Sunday with different families on Ethan's side.
I think this covers the rest of March in a nutshell. I am not going to post photos tonight but will soon. In case I don't come back to my blog this week.
Happy Easter! Enjoy the blessings of Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment