Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Gymnast

Emma took gymnastics the past 7 weeks at the YMCA. On the last day of class parents are invited to watch and take photos, of course! So here are some photos of Emma and what she is learning. The next 7 weeks she is doing swimming, again, and dance. She took dance back in the fall but has had a break from it. Wants to try again. She really seems to like gymnastics even though she comes from 2 uncoordinated parents and you can kind of see the lack of coordination in her but as I told Ethan perhaps if she keeps trying she will improve. :-)


Our Monkey! She did get her feet up and stayed there by herself.

After this the teacher helped her do a forward flip - she went around fast and my heart jumped at the end but she was fine.





It was so fun to watch her. She was having a great time! At the end all the children gave a bow. She did sommersaults too - finally figured out how to do on her own. Plus, at home she likes to do table tops and practices her bridge over head. There may be more gymnastics in the future. Whatever she likes, I just want her to be active. But she is registered for the first race of the year - Kids Run on May 16, part of the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon weekend. Ethan is running the half marathon the next day. Don't worry she asked to run. :-) As for me and my running, I have the okay but have yet to find the time when I can go and someone is here to watch Katherine. Although today we did purchase our Chariot double running, walking, biking stroller. I can't wait to use it but need to wait for the infant sling (on order) to come in before taking Katherine in it. I am registered to walk Crazylegs this year and Ethan will run. I wish I could run but he didn't think trying to do 5 miles would be wise after nothing for the past 5 months. I think the last time I ran was Thanksgiving day.

No comments: