Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter Monday!

I hope everyone had a very blessed Easter. Rejoice, the Lord is Risen.

Our weekend was filled with Egg hunts and candy. Saturday morning we took Emma to an Easter Egg Candy Hunt at a local park. It was basically a free for all for candy and some eggs. Different areas of the park were sectioned off for different ages of kids. If they found an egg, then they would receive a prize. Emma found 2 eggs thus 2 more little trinkets to have in the house until she forgets about them.

We had a nice Easter Sunday with an egg hunt at our house for Emma after church and then went to Ethan's Dad's house for dinner and another egg hunt. Thanks to our wonderful neighbors, they played Easter Bunny, and hid 30 eggs between our yard and their yard for Emma to find after church. She had a fun time and her reaction to finding the eggs was great. The morning started with her awake at 6am and shortly there after saying she cannot find her basket. When she did find it she came back up to Ethan in bed and said in a very sad voice "The Easter Bunny didn't give me any jelly beans in my eggs." I had asked Ethan the night before if he thought I should put jelly beans in -he said no because the 30 eggs in the yard will have jelly beans and M&M's. So I didn't. She recovered okay and luckily the Nana & Papa Easter Bunny which came to our house - had jelly beans. Thanks Nana!

So, it is 9pm and both girls are in bed. Katherine has been in bed since 6:45 and not a peep out of her. Tired girl tonight. She and I both have colds. She was in good spirits today despite the sneezing and coughing. But both seem to have lessened as today went on. Yesterday is when it really hit her. I have been taking Tylenol Sinus for a few days now. I am feeling less tired than last night. Ethan is working nights, and I would have to say the first night has been a success. I never know how things are going to go when he starts a night shift for 3 or 4 in a row.

I have photos of Ethan and Emma after decorating eggs Saturday night, us at church on Easter Sunday, and some of Katherine from today, smiling, - she is 8 weeks old today. We go to the doctor on Friday for her 2 month check. 2 months already. Wow! Also, a photo of her wearing her Miss Marvelous onesie - I thought it was too cute. Thank you Camille & Theo!


Emma decided it was okay to sit with the Easter Bunny this year! Perhaps Santa won't be so bad this Christmas. :-)







No comments: