Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Monkey

At some point in Katherine's short life we started to call her monkey. A lot of it came from her silly personality. She's goofy, she likes to climb, and did I mention she's goofy. She can go from crying one minute to "Mommy, I got your shirt wet with my tears." the next minute. Goofy, I tell you. So, many times Ethan and I call her monkey. I didn't think much of it until a few months ago during gym class when they asked her name in warm-ups. At the beginning of jumping class (September) she actually couldn't say "Katherine". A couple months into gym class she said Katherine once but then one day her teacher asked her name and she said "Monkey!" That didn't end with just that one day...it continued most weeks at jumping class. Then we were at Emma's school and someone asked her name and her response was "Monkey". The most recent was at swimming lessons. She had a substitute teacher. I asked her name and told it to Katherine but never thought to tell the teacher Katherine's name. As I was walking away I heard something...the sub was asking the other teacher in the pool what Katherine's name was because when she asked Katherine responded with "Monkey". She is a goof. Not sure what will happen next year in preschool she may be Katherine or she may be Monkey. Either way she will always be our monkey!
Modeling her new Monkey hat from her Godmother Patty

An unusual warmer day in January before the snow fell...Monkey went outside and tried to go in the sandbox. I told you she is goofy!

A mid-winter sunny run!

The Monkey fits in a bag!
Oh wait! I forgot it goes one step further and she really confuses people on this one. She will tell the workers at Kids Korner, babysitters, or anyone else caring for her that she is waiting for Mama Monkey. Yes, she means me. I have been surprised at how many times people are not sure who she is talking about.

No comments: