


Folding her own clothes - I hope this keeps up when she is older
Finished and ready to carry up. 

This is her way of carrying up the steps - whatever works. She made it!


This is her way of carrying up the steps - whatever works. She made it!
Emma was not tired enough the other evening from her full day of Kamp Kermit (half day YMCA camp) and swimming lessons so she decided to pitch in with the house chores. She helped Daddy wash and rinse (Emma's part) the dishes. Then she proceeded to fold the basket of her clothes that was waiting for Mom to do. Even better she carried the basket upstairs when she was finished folding. I am glad to see she knows to carry the basket upstairs. I have been known to leave a full basket of folded clothes in front of the stairs hoping someone else who starts with the letter "E" would carry up but he just walks past. :-) Sometimes completely oblivious of the basket and other times he says he was already carrying something. Enjoy the photos. Oh and yes, we rewarded her with a bike ride to Culver's for ice cream!
Kamp Kermit's theme is Community Hero and on Wednesday she was able to dress up as her favorite. We borrowed a firefighter costume from a friend and here is our little Officer Emma as her badge read when I picked her up. Today we are having lunch with her, and Friday they go on a field trip.
Kamp Kermit's theme is Community Hero and on Wednesday she was able to dress up as her favorite. We borrowed a firefighter costume from a friend and here is our little Officer Emma as her badge read when I picked her up. Today we are having lunch with her, and Friday they go on a field trip.
It has been a full week for Emma - Kamp Kermit every day, swimming lessons everyday except tomorrow plus she had soccer Tuesday night. I think by Friday she may finally decide a nap is okay. We are pretty much done with naps unless she decides to lay down. I do encourage her to still rest and have quiet time which sometime turns into a nap and many times does not.
Katherine will be 6 months on Sunday. Wow! Where did the last month go? She is now sitting up on her own. Has figured out how to get to her belly if needed. She scoots backwards when she is on her belly - and then becomes very mad when she has moved herself completely away from her toys. She is also trying to figure out how to go forward - I can see her thinking about when she is sitting. Because she is starting to put one leg back and then lean forward - yesterday she actually picked up her butt while 1 leg was back and 1 was in the regular sitting position and moved herself forward. Can you picture that? It is hard to describe, I think. She still falls backwards sometimes when sitting up and does not like that at all. She still sits a bit hunched over but everyday becomes better at keeping her back straight and tall. Oh, she has also begun a new sound of blowing through her lips. She loves to do this! If I can figure out video I will attach the one her Daddy took the other day of this new trick.







No comments:
Post a Comment