Our little Katherine is not so little anymore. At her 6 month appointment she weighed in at 20lb 6oz and her length is 28 inches. Both are above the 97th percentile! Just like her older sister she is off the charts. She has Emma beat for weight at this age but Emma was still longer than her even though Katherine was longer than Emma at birth. Go figure!
In addition to physical growth she just started this past weekend to figure out how to sit up from laying on her tummy. She first did it at Nana and Papa's when I was out running an errand. They told me about it when I returned and I could not believe it. She did it again Sunday evening when no one was watching! But I saw her do it twice this afternoon. I still can't believe she is doing it. Two weeks ago I also caught her rocking on her knees! Once she figures out how to move herself forward - she will be up and away fast. So many new things for her.
Another update to a picture from the last post about teeth. I noticed on Sunday that her 2 bottom teeth are there - you can see their outline. Now it is a matter of time - how much time I am wondering will it take for them to just pop through?
Last post I wrote about Emma having a couple busy weeks and not being one for naps these days. On the same day I wrote the post I caught her asleep on the couch.

Then last Monday she was waiting for the neighbor girl to come over and play after she woke up from a nap. She sat down by her Daddy who was in the living room/entry way putting together a new desk. She watched him for a little while and watched out the front door waiting for her friend until...she fell asleep. The neighbor girl came over while she was still sleeping so she now had to wait for Emma to wake up.



Then last Monday she was waiting for the neighbor girl to come over and play after she woke up from a nap. She sat down by her Daddy who was in the living room/entry way putting together a new desk. She watched him for a little while and watched out the front door waiting for her friend until...she fell asleep. The neighbor girl came over while she was still sleeping so she now had to wait for Emma to wake up.

Last Monday on a spontaneous whim we took off for Bay Beach with one hour left before they close for the evening. We called our best friends and they joined us for an hour of fun. Here are some photos of Emma, Jacob & Madeline enjoying the race cars, and Emma enjoying the new swing ride for kids.





No comments:
Post a Comment