Sunday was such a nice and sunny day that we decided to take in a trip to the NEW Zoo in Suamico. One because we all needed fresh air - especially me. I don't think I realized how stir crazy I was going without some nice exercise in the outdoor air. And Emma well she just needed a place to run! :-) We also wanted to see the 2 lion cubs, now 6 months old, for the last time before they left for Naples, FL on Monday to a new home - Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens. We saw them when they were still being kept inside and being taken home each night by the zoo curator. The cubs names are Masamba and Mandisa. In the next few days though they plan to finally show the other 3 new baby cubs who will stay here for awhile, I think. Their mother has been very protective and did not want them anywhere near the 2 older ones.
It was sunny and in the 30s and felt beautiful. We saw the lion cubs, 2 moose, the otters were swimming in the water and sliding on some snow, we fed the giraffes - one which is about to have a baby anyday - sound like someone else you know. :-) It was a great day to be outside for awhile.
Tonight Emma had swimming lessons and it was parent night so that meant we could be on the pool deck to take pictures and watch up close. Emma really enjoys the water and seems to have little fear around it.
Otherwise all is status quo here. Doctor says I am making it too comfortable for this baby. There has not been any change. Today could be a sign something may be starting because of my sense of immediacy today to take care of certain things. The day before I had Emma I was awake at 6am and did a list of things so long and was up until late that night before I started having contractions the next morning. Wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment