Hello. I just realized the other day - oh I have not posted lately. So I do not have any pictures handy but thought I would let everyone know I am still here. I am due in 18 days - February 7. We have accomplished a lot lately. And are ahead of schedule compared to when Emma came early. When Emma arrived - we had no crib ready. This time the room is painted, crib up, rocker in, dresser & bookcase all in. Clothes and linens are washed. There are still a million other putzy projects and reorganization projects around the house but I think most of the really important stuff is done. We have a base in one car and the other car will get the other base when Ethan is done with nights after Wednesday. I have most of my bag packed for the hospital but plan to finalize that in the next 2 nights. Mentally trying to get ready for labor and delivery as well as a 2nd child at home.
Emma is starting to realize this baby is coming soon with all of the preparations and changes she sees around the house. She has asked twice this week "when is the baby coming?" Now when someone asks her if she hopes its a boy or a girl she tells them "it's a surprise." It is too cute. Working on trying to have her do a few more things on her own that we know she can do so it is not so hard to adjust after but I know there is probably a little regression from things I have read before. She went to a Big Kids and New Babies class this past Saturday with me to learn how to put a diaper on, hold a baby, feed a baby, burp a baby, wrap a baby, and be have gentle touches with baby, along with a tour of the hospital and a room like the one I will be in. She also had the chance to see 2 newborns. Plus, she decorated a bib to give to the baby. She is excited!
Our family room is still a bit of chaos from the reorganization of computer room to baby's room and family room to office, Emma's toy area, and tv area. But a lot of this can wait until after baby. Although I would really like to clean out the kitchen cupboards before this baby arrives.
Some days though I am more and more tired. I don't sleep the best these days because of my bladder. If I can get 4 hours in a row that is good - 5 is great but rare. Last night I had almost 4 and then I was up every hour - either from my bladder or a strange dream. Definitely preparing me for middle of the night feedings.
Had a doctor's appointment today - didn't gain any weight since last week! Wow, because I have always loved chocolate chip cookies but really engaged in them last week - probably one a day (a big one like from Panera bread). Yummy.
I am off this weekend for a final respite of scrapbooking in Sturgeon Bay - something I love to do and had hoped to do more since graduation but that was a dream. So this weekend is my chance to catch up on Emma's book and other various scrapbook projects some more before baby # 2 arrives. I am very excited!
Well, this about sums up the last 2+ weeks. Hope everyone is doing well. I will post some photos again soon. Take care.
2 comments:
I thought 2 kids was a little bit rough at first, now I think it is pretty easy. Plus Emma will be a huge help! I look forward to meeting the new little one.
I think you should aim for January 29. That's a good day for a birthday.
One of the best things about being a parent so far is watching the kids interact. I'm interested to see what happens when a third one gets thrown into our mix. Then they'll have shifting alliances and such.
Post a Comment