
9 days overdue but finally Katherine Margaret arrived on Monday, February 16 at 7:38pm. She weighed in at 8lbs 14oz and 22 inches long. I was surprised at her size - big baby. 1 pound more than Emma and 1 inch longer. I have decided I am made for pregnancy but not necessarily for labor and delivery. All the stories I have heard of your 2nd labor and delivery taking half the time as your first is not the truth for me. We went to the hospital at 7am on Monday morning and waited all day for her to arrive. (Emma we went to the hospital around 8am and she came into the world at 9:45pm). The only part a little shorter was the pushing part - but not by much. I was surprised when they said it's a girl. I had started to think it was going to be a boy because so many people had said this throughout the pregnancy. I repeatedly asked Ethan after - is it really a girl?
We came home on Wednesday afternoon and it was a wonderful feeling! For those of you who may not know - Emma was in the NICU for 8 days after she was born.
Emma is very excited to have her sister here - she unfortunately was sick since last Wednesday evening through Monday. Somewhat better Monday but not herself. Ethan and I spent the 4 days prior to Katherine's arrival taking care of Emma - she even started to ready us for the up frequently at night. I think perhaps the stress of taking care of Emma finally made labor happen, although I am glad it held off until the worst of her illness (stomach flu) was over. Wednesday night through Friday was vomiting and fever. Saturday, Sunday and Monday it was an extremely runny nose and absolutely no energy. She laid on the couch for 5 days watching Dora over and over as she drifted in and out of sleep. Now on Friday evening she is back to herself. Each day since Tuesday she has gradually improved - thank goodness! She loves to help with Katherine and loves to hold her at least once a day. At first she did want to know when is she going to be awake - Katherine is a very sleepy baby - but now Emma is okay with her sleeping. She does like it when she wakes up to eat. If she hears her crying she runs to see what is the matter. It is quite cute. And many things that I am doing with Katherine are being played out by Emma and her dolls, and new diaper bag. She is a great big sister!
4 comments:
Congratulations! She looks beautiful.
We won't forget Katherine's birthday, since it is the same day as Helen's.
Heather! CONGRATULATIONS...she is so beautiful. (Peggy from scrapping/Jenn's sis)
Congratulations! It's so nice to see the pictures. She is absolutely beautiful! She is so lucky to be part of such an amazing family. We love you guys and hope all is transitioning smoothly. Take care of you and try to rest when you can (easier said than done). :)
Congratulations!!! Katherine is beautiful (and I wish I had looked that good after labor -haha- good job, mama!). I am glad everyone is home safely - I know Emma and Kate will be the best of friends growing up. What a beautiful family!
Post a Comment