Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Friday, December 30, 2011
A First
Okay so this post will not have a photo but just had to share it if not for your benefit but for my own memory. We came home tonight after celebrating Christmas with some friends. Katherine went to get ready for bed and came out stark naked. We told her "go on the potty". She seemed to hesitate and then said.."actually I think I will go on the potty." She got on only to get off again to pick out a book. Background to this story...we have been talking to Katherine about being a big girl and going on the potty for months! We have told her she is getting too big for her diapers. Friends have encouraged her to go but...oh no she will not. She is stubborn. We have read "Once upon a Potty" a hundred plus times and she knows exactly what to do but is waiting to decide when she wants to do it. Yesterday I saw Minnie Mouse underwear in 4T and had to buy it. She was so excited! So back to tonight and sitting on the potty...she said to me "Mom I went pee." I was doubtful because didn't really see anything or hear it. Next thing I know Ethan is saying "oh my gosh good job Katherine"...she pooped! I couldn't believe it. Her response was "now I need my underwear!" Not so fast. We told her we need to keep practicing. She says "I am going to do this all the time." We will see....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go Catherine! What a big girl!!!
Post a Comment