8 months and ready for anything...
- Earlier this month she crawled up all the steps (7) to the upstairs where the bedrooms and bathroom are located in our house. She has completely mastered this now - is quick - and has only fallen once from trying to look behind her, I think. She loves to go into the bathroom or Emma's room once she is upstairs. She found toilet paper last week, garbage can, but not the toilet yet. She does enjoy going over to the bathtub and trying to figure out how she can get in.
- When she is ready to go to Emma's room she looks at you, smiles and then takes off - fast. She seems to love Emma's dolls - babies, princess dolls, and books.
- This past Sunday she said "Ma Ma" for the first time. It was so cute, and we all heard it. She is babbling a lot.
- Last night she found her tongue while we were at Culver's eating ice cream and she began making the funniest faces with it. I did not have a camera with unfortunately.
- October 10 her first tooth finally broke the skin on the bottom. It took a few days to come up farther but it is there now. Now the other one is trying to start we think.
- She has found drawers, cupboards, doors, anything that opens -she has found it and enjoyes it more than her toys. We have been slow on the babyproofing of cabinet doors but it will get done.
- We got out a drum set with tambourine, whistle, and clappers that was Emma's and showed Katherine how to play the drum with the soft drumstick. She loves it and quickly caught on. Now when she hears music she waves her hand or bangs her hand on anything near by. She seems to really like toys or objects that make music or sounds.
- She is waving hi and bye. Most of the time I tell her to wave hi or bye but recently I was telling someone something and said "hi" in the conversation and Katherine started waving.
- She enjoys crawling over anyone or anything. After a run I try to sit and stretch on the floor but usually I end up with someone crawling all over me. It is quite humorous. At Nana and Papa's house she crawled through their coffee table.
- She likes to go for forbidden items of course - remote controls, magazines, books, etc. Anything she finds goes in her mouth - including leaves - I have had to take a few of these out recently and boy does she get mad.
- That is something new she is starting to become mad when something is taken from her.
- She is still trying to figure out how to drink from a sippy cup. She just wants to gnaw on the spout. We think it is a teething thing.
I think these are most of her milestones in the past month. I did leave her for the first time a couple weekends ago and went up north to scrapbook. I enjoyed myself but worried a bit about Katherine. She did fine with her grandparents although she refused to take a bottle. She ate her regular food great but I was told she pushed away the bottle. Not sure what that was about.
Emma is doing well. Enjoying school - likes her longer days and eating lunch at school, going to storytimes, having a few play dates, taking swim lessons at the YMCA, and will be starting an art class on Tuesdays for 2 hours a week. At the end of September I took her to a Badger game - the first Big Ten game of the season - Michigan State. The first time she and I have gone alone. I was not so sure about it - the drive, the walk to the stadium, the game, etc but she did great. She walked the entire way from the parking ramp to the stadium - talked a ton, asked questions. She enjoyed the game and only became antsy in the last 5 minutes which was the longest part of the game, I think. She had fun and overall it was a great day!
I keep busy trying to keep up with Katherine around the house, read to Emma while Katherine naps, and whatever comes our way. I am running more and exercising at the Y which is making me feel good. I tried my first Zumba class this week- its fun and high energy! A great instructor. My hubby and I are in planning mode for marathon training again - I hope to do a 1/2 this spring, he wants to do a full, and then we will both do a fall 2010 full marathon.
I have realized it is important to stop from trying to get everything done at home and take some time to play with the girls. When Emma was little I was so engulfed in graduate school but now that it is over I can enjoy my time with them and not feel guilty about needing to work on a paper, study, read or whatever. It is such a great feeling for me. I can't believe it has almost been one year since I finished my Master's.
And of course, my husband has been busy working non-stop 13 hour days for the past month for a work-related thing. It is over now - thank goodness - and at least he will have more than 1 day off. Back to swing shift...
I don't have any photos to post tonight but I will post some soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment