Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

9 months and counting...

Katherine was 9 months old as of yesterday. Breaking News... This evening she stood long enough to clap her hands once. Many individuals have said they think she will walk by 9 or 10 months. The 9 months didn't happen but I suppose 10 months may be a possibility. Although she can reach her destinations very fast by crawling so I am not sure what she will do. She loves to go up the stairs and fast. Tonight she crawled up the stairs while dragging my sweatshirt. She let go of it at one point was about to continue upwards, stopped, turned enough to pick up the sweatshirt and continued on. What a girl!

She started clapping her hands on November 1. And November 2 her second tooth poked through. So we are up to 2 teeth and many more to go - still loves to chew on anything and put everything in her mouth. Especially leaves!

This past Sunday while watching the Packer game she clapped her hands when we cheered "Go Pack Go" so now when we say that she claps her hands. And anytime someone says "yeah", or she hears music she will clap. I love watching babies clap their hands -I think it is one of the cutest things they learn as an infant and amazing to watch their joy in doing it.

Since I am home with the girls Katherine does not have the experience of daycare but I do take her to the child care at the YMCA so I can exercise. Last Tuesday night was our first encounter of a not so nice baby at the Y. A 1 year old little girl went up to Katherine, who, by the way, was minding her own business playing with a toy and cannot fight back, and proceeded to pounce on her like a cat and give her scratches from behind her right ear, across the ear and to the cheek which bled. The Y staffers picked Katherine up to go to the rocking chair, and apparently the little girl proceeded to follow after her. Also, this same 1 year old apparently went after two other infants and a few older kids who could stop her. I keep wondering how does a 1 year old have the thought to do such a thing to a defenseless baby. Despite this incident, Katherine's mood has been fine. I did take her back for my usual class on Thursday mornings but she is in a different room on Thursday mornings compared to Tuesday evenings.

Recently Katherine has been fighting some fevers, but they subsided although now she has had a runny nose, raspy voice, and cough. Luckily we are headed to the doctor tomorrow for her 9 month check.

My Dad and I enjoyed the last home Badger game this past Saturday with a great win over Michigan! Nana watched the girls for me. Thank you Nana. It seems as though Miss Katherine is not only attached to Ma-Ma, who she would not let out of her sight or barely arms on Saturday night or Sunday. She was also was much happier on Saturday when Emma was around and she could see her. Sunday night she did not even want Daddy to hold her. It was a long couple nights of restless sleep this weekend for her, and me,- not sure why. Last night was much better.


Only other news this month is we celebrated my 33rd birthday. My husband took me to lunch on my birthday. I had an early dinner with my best friend at my favorite place these days, Panera, before heading to Spruce to spend time with the husband's family before his Grandma left for her winter nest in Florida. It was a nice birthday and the apple cobbler at Grandma's was great! It was officially Katherine's first visit to the Blue Spruce.

I failed last month at posting photos like I said I would. My computer has been having memory space issues because I have too many pictures in my photo storage program. I need more time to scrapbook so I can delete photos. :-) My husband has bought me a bigger hard drive but has yet to install so I have 400+ pictures on my camera waiting to be downloaded but I cannot do it because I know I do not have the space. There will be some new ones soon.

1 comment:

The adventures of Drew and Eliza... said...

Great updates! Katherine seems to be a determined little thing! Glad you had a good birthday. It was sooo sweet of you to send Drew a card on yalls birthday - thank you so much. =) Looking forward to some pics!