Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Brewers Game


















Emma with Daddy and Mommy enjoying the game.



This past Saturday we took Emma to her first Milwaukee Brewers game with Nana and Papa. We tailgated beforehand with Papa's work crew - Emma really seemed to enjoy the whole tailgating experience - just sitting back and relaxing - we were amazed at how content she was to just sit in her cinderella chair. It was rather hot. But believe it or not I forgot to take a picture of this.



Emma and Daddy posing with 2 sausages after the game - not sure what Emma is trying to do. Looks like she is trying to get her head stuck.
Once inside the stadium she was, of course, ready to move around and not wanting to sit still. It did not help that it was a 6pm game so she had only an hour nap. At one point she told us it was "too slow for her". Later I tried walking around the concourse with her but she only wanted to go back to be by Daddy and watch the game. We brought in a glove and told her we may be able to catch a ball, so all throughout the game she asked when a ball would come. Unfortunately, we never had that chance. Overall, she did enjoy the game and best of all Brewers won! She even saw Bernie Brewer slide down after a homerun plus she liked the fireworks.



A nice photo of us after the game in a giant baseball glove.
Emma starts her first day of 3 year old preschool next Tuesday. Tomorrow is Open House for her - a chance to meet her teacher (Mrs. D) and see her classroom. She will also be starting at a new daycare next Wednesday. Our in home daycare provider of 2 years (who we loved and so did Emma) decided to close with her 4th child expected to come any day. Emma will be attending St. Norbert College's Children Center which is very convenient for myself. I am doing my final internship at St. Norbert's this semester before I graduate in December(the 13th to be exact - I can't wait!) with my Master's degree.


Sunday we spent the day going to church with Nana and Papa and then headed to cousin, Ian's 4th birthday party. Emma had fun playing outside and we had a chance to see Uncle Bill, Aunt Vicki, and cousins Kylie and Griffin (Liam stayed home because of school) from Georgia because they were bringing Kylie to college at Ripon for her 2nd year. It is always great to see them since we do not see them all too often with all the miles between us.



Part of our family and extended family at Ian's 4th Birthday party.
I have not been so great with posting on my blog to this point but hopefully it will improve as time goes on. It is nice to have a place to post some recent pictures quicker. Otherwise they sit on my computer or in my box to be scrapbooked for too long. Although graduate class starts up again soon but hopefully my one class will not be too much work for my final semester. Until next time... If someone can tell me why my script is not separating from my photo headings that would be great! I am still learning this and very slow at all of it.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Glad to see some pics and catch up with what you guys are doing! And you're doing great with your blog! It takes time to learn all the ins and outs. :-) Looks like Emma enjoyed her first Brewers game. It's funny to read about her 'not sitting still' at the game, and asking when she would be able to catch a ball. I thought we were the only ones with a child like that! Guess it's pretty normal. :-)

Matt said...

That girl is three and you are just now getting her to her first baseball game?

I brought Helen to a game at three months. And a Packer game at a year and a half. Of course, living in a place like Seattle I have to work harder to keep them Americanized.

I miss Miller Park. This will be my first time in years I didn't make a game there (unless I fly in for the World Series.)