This post is a bit overdue. I had meant to post a month ago after Katherine's Baptism but never got around to it. So I made it part of my "to do" list this week. You should be happy to know I am posting to my blog and not going grocery shopping - which has been on my "to do" list all week. We do still have food - I am not starving Emma or Ethan. Katherine only needs me to eat. Since one is sleeping and the other should be (but instead playing quietly with princesses) I realize I have time to post. But there is so much to say I don't know where to begin. Okay - will start back in April and go forward.
At the end of April we headed to Wisconsin Dells to stay at the Great Wolf Lodge and enjoy a few days of the waterpark. Emma had a blast! Katherine did fine sleeping in a strange place - almost better than at home. From Wisconsin Dells we headed to Madison so Ethan and I could participate in Crazy Legs - a 8K run and 2 mile walk which we try to do every year that it works with Ethan's schedule. This year I walked because I had only just begun exercising again. I had hoped to walk with Katherine in the baby carrier but it was a very rainy day with thunder! So Katherine & Emma stayed back at the hotel with our old babysitter who now lives in Madison for graduate school. Emma was so excited to see her and all went well back at the hotel!
Ethan and I waited for a shuttle bus in pouring rain and then luckily it stopped for a little while at the beginning but by the halfway point of my walk it was pouring again and thundering. Quite an adventure but we enjoyed it because we love to run in the rain (or walk in my case, but I do prefer running in the rain). Ethan felt great and ran a personal best if I am remembering correctly!
That was April...May was filled with final training runs for Ethan's half-marathon in Green Bay and final days of 3 year old preschool for Emma. Plus, Katherine became a member of the Catholic Church on May 16. Baptism was celebrated on a Saturday and was a very nice Mass with dinner after at Legend's. Her godparents are our wonderful neighbors and friends, Tom & Patty. They are very honored to be her godparents. We have known them since moving in 6 years ago and they are a wonderful family. They have been so helpful and caring towards us. They love Emma to pieces and then entire family treats her like royalty. :-) We know they are a perfect fit to guide Katherine in the spirit and faith of God and love.
The next morning Ethan ran his half-marathon in a "PR" (personal record) and felt great. Liz, Emma, Katherine and I made it to 5 or 6 different spots to cheer him on. My parents, as well, made it out to cheer him on at the halfway point. Logistics of the full marathon prevented them from seeing him at the finish. Now he is looking for another one to do because he wonders if he could have gone faster.
I, on the other hand, have started running more regularly and taking some core classes at the YMCA along with lifting weights. I am working with a personal training program at the Y which has been very beneficial for me. I now run with a double running stroller! I am feeling good and looking forward to when I can run another half or full marathon. For now I will be running the Bellin this Saturday. I have yet to run 6 miles in training but I am not worried about it. I will be running alone as the Bellin is not a great race for a stroller because there are usually 15,000 runners and walkers. Katherine and Emma will stay home with the grandparents.
At the end of May we enjoyed a trip to the NEW Zoo with 2 of Ethan's college friends and there 3 little girls (total). One has a 2 1/2 year old and they both have a 1 year old. So good ages for Emma. It was a nice morning to enjoy the zoo, and I think all the girls had fun with one another. Emma liked to play "mother hen".
The rest of spring nights have been filled with soccer games - we have been watching Notre Dame Academy play all season because our neighbor plays defense on the team. They are headed to the state tournament in Milwaukee this weekend. They play tomorrow at noon and if they win Saturday at noon. Because we love to be "on the go" we are headed to Milwaukee tomorrow for the noon game and be back in plenty of time for Emma's Bellin Kid's run at 6pm. If they do win, then it will be fast showers for Ethan and I after our Bellin and back to Milwaukee. Go Notre Dame! (as Emma would say!)
What have the girls been doing? Well - Katherine is getting quite big! She has the pudgiest baby thighs - much pudgier than I remember Emma's. She is all smiles for anyone who will smile or talk to her. She is rolling over to her belly and doesn't mind it for a little while. Now she just needs to figure out how to get back. She pretty much rolls over everytime I lay her down now. She also works on getting her knees up and under her. We may be in trouble faster than we think with a mobile one. She is laughing and loves to watch her older sister!
Emma is almost 4 - one month - I can't believe it. And so full of questions! Her latest today...we were having lunch at Panera Bread. A lady came walking in with a walker and Emma asked "when will you need one of those Mommmy?" I didn't know what to say and she quickly filled in the silence with "Not until you are older". Thanks Emma. On the way home she asked how old I am? I told her 32 - she said she is going to wait to drive until she is 32 and then she will drive her and her sister. :-) She has her adorable moments and she has her unadorable moments. My personal opinion - 3 is much more challenging than 2. I sure hope 4 falls inbetween or at least gets a little better. We like to be the boss, insist on what we want, talk back if we do not like an answer...oh, the joys of being a parent! I do love it, don't get me wrong.
Summer will be filled with swimming lessons for Emma, a couple art classes, Kamp Kermit in August, and hopefully soccer in July. She can't wait to play soccer.
Oh, last weekend we had our first garage sale and I would call it a success. While the first day was winding down, I was looking at other sales in the paper. I found one that advertised a soccer net - I told Ethan he had to go check it out and see if they still had it. Yes, and for only $10! So now Emma has a perfect sized soccer net - not too small and not too big to play soccer. She absolutely loves it!
This is our life in a nutshell the past 2 months. Photos are coming. I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment