Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lazy with 2 kids

I have been meaning to post to my blog for the past week but pure laziness and just constantly thinking of something else that needs to be done has been in the way. We are doing well as a family of four. Katherine is sleeping pretty well still. Although last night she had a hard time settling down after her 9:30pm feeding because of some gas we think. I finally went to sleep around 12:30am which was really 1:30am because of daylight savings.

She went to the doctor at 2 weeks and weighed in at 9lb 11oz - great job the Dr. said! He told us he has 2 months old that are not that big. Now that she stays awake for eating better she eats fast and obviously eats enough. Although I think sometimes she likes to trick me to eat so she can fall asleep. :-)

Katherine has been out a little - Target, a few restaurants because we are still bad at eating out, although we are trying to do better. It helped a lot to have some friends make some meals for us - that kept us in and gave us plenty of leftovers. We have 2 more meals coming this week.

Ethan was only home with us for the last part of the week Katherine was born and then it was back to work because it was a training week. He had taken off the week before and the week she was born because we thought she would be more timely and then we would have all been home for about 2 weeks together. We transitioned well into the 3 of us at home - most days I tried to shower before either girl woke up so I would be ready - that only lasted a week though. Last week I was more lazy and would take Emma to preschool and daycare pre-shower.

My Mom came to visit for a couple days when Ethan went on his first night shift after having Katherine - we asked her awhile ago and I was not sure how I would be transitioning but I seemed to have things under control better than I thought. Ethan was not surprised because he pointed out to me - I like to multitask. But it was nice to have my Mom here for the company and for Katherine to get to know her voice. Emma enjoyed Nana having a sleepover with us as well.

Emma has been a great big helper and great big sister. She has a few more meltdowns -and I think most of it is the transition but as some have said it is also just a part of being 3 1/2 too. She does not seem jealous of Katherine or angry at all. She likes to have her dolls use a swing, chair, blanket when Katherine is finished with it. And she makes sure to ask Mom or Dad first. She is actually quite cute with her dolls now.

She said something this morning that melted my heart - she came in Katherine's room while I was feeding her and said I am glad I have a little sister. Then she looked at me and said thanks for having a baby sister Mom and gave me a kiss and then wanted an eskimo kiss - something she and I started awhile ago but have not done in awhile. It was very sweet.

Now that I am home and I do not have graduate work to be doing you would think I am accomplishing projects but I have been a bit lazy - some of it is the settling in and making myself rest - I figure there is time to get to work on all the miscellaneous projects I make for myself. I should get to scrapbooking more though.

The girls and I went to church this morning by ourselves because Ethan is working and it went fairly well. Emma did well although she was very disappointed that they did not have Liturgy of the Word for children this morning (storytime as she puts it). She was really looking forward to it - she went to this for the first time a week or 2 ago out of the blue when we were all at church. Most of the kids are 5 and older but she wanted to go and was okay with going alone. She really enjoyed it.

Katherine will be 3 weeks tomorrow - wow! Here is a photo of her at 2 weeks in a new outfit that Aunt Heidi bought.

No comments: