We have had a busy December...It all started with heading north on the first Thursday to pick out a tree at Whispering Pines Tree Farm in almost darkness. We were the only ones there around 4:30 with the sun setting fast. We actually found a tree pretty quickly, I thought. We had to with darkness coming faster than we realized. Next up was a Friday night trip to the North Pole on the Polar Express. Emma has experienced this before but it was a first for Katherine. She really seemed to enjoy the train. She likes to play with trains whenever she has the chance. And of course it ended with seeing Santa after exiting the train. Hoping Katherine would be okay with Santa. She cried less than usual and actually said goodbye to him and gave him five at the end but would not sit near him! The next day we celebrated at two different birthday parties. Sunday, Ethan and I helped worked the Packer seat rentals at the game for Emma's school. That was an interesting experience.
The next week included dinner with Grandma Sue for her birthday on Tuesday. Wednesday we visited Santa with friends and then enjoyed dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Our friends have a 7 month old and he had no fears of Santa. Friday (now the 10th) Emma and I went to the Meyer Theatre to see The Green Bay Nutcracker Ballet. I took her last year and she really enjoyed it. She has asked we make it a tradition. Once again she was mesmerized. Halfway through the story she leaned over to me and said, "When I grow up I want to be Clara." :-) Saturday morning started with Breakfast with Santa at Lakeland College with Nana and Papa, Aunt Heidi and cousin Ian. Then we returned to Green Bay (before the storm). Packed up the girls and took them to Grandma's house for an overnight while Ethan and I spent the evening at his company holiday party and a night away at the hotel connected to the convention center - thanks to a gift certificate from his Mom and StepDad last Christmas. Quite a coincidence that it was for the same hotel that the party was at and we had yet to use it. Plus we needed to use it because it was about to expire. Thanks Sue & Dave - it was a fun evening of dancing and visiting with friends. The snow did come but since we were at a hotel we didn't have much to worry about it. The only oops part was we went to Mass before the party and headed to the hotel to check in and get ready there. Ethan decided at the last minute to switch cars. So I put all the bags from the trunk into the new car but there was one important thing I forgot - my dress! I didn't realize it until we were already in our room and Ethan was out at the car putting in the parking pass. By now the snow had started so even though we were not that far from home - the roads were not dry and quick and it took longer than usual. Unfortunately we missed Cocktails but dinner had yet to start when we finally arrived just before seven.
 |
| Happy 6th Birthday Jacob! |
 |
| 2nd birthday party was at an inflatable place - our girls love it! |
 |
| Katherine couldn't get enough of the inflatables! This was a first for her. |
 |
| Mom & Daughter at The Nutcracker Ballet |
 |
| Emma with her new Clara ornament |
 |
| Emma and Ian posing with Santa at Breakfast with Santa |
 |
| My hubby and I enjoying the company holiday party |
This past week was a little less busy. Thursday evening the girls and I attended our Goddaughter's Preschool Christmas concert. We made cutout christmas cookies with Dad, spent a night at Nana & Papa's so I could enjoy a dinner with my two best high school friends, and then today we decorated the Christmas cookies. That was something with Katherine. I was doing fine with all of it until she decided she wanted to put the frosting on. I no longer felt in control and wanted to keep it moving. Oh well, I relaxed and we have some beautiful looking cookies with pink, green, white or blue frosting. Photos of all this to hopefully come soon.
Amidst all of this I have been trying to finish preparing cards to send, tomorrow finally. I had hoped to send them much earlier this year. Oh well. Trying to finish shopping and some homemade gifts as well as keeping up with some form of exercise. I did run outside in Sheboygan Saturday morning. Even though it was snowy and icy on the sidewalks it felt great!
4 comments:
my you have been busy! hope you all get a restful, wonderful christmas!
I love the dress that you wore to the holiday party! You both look great! Merry Christmas!
We went also went on a Christmas train. Ours was near Mt. Rainier. I wish they were in vogue when I was growing up, the kids loved it. I think it will be a new tradition.
Heather! Your girls are so beautiful! It is amazing how different they look and seem though. We did the Polar Express here too and Drew LOVED it (but the boy is obsessed with trains anyway!). Thank you for the Christmas Card... we never got ours out this year, time snuck up on us. But I loved yours! :) You look wonderful in the pics too! Hope your Christmas was wonderful and Happy 2011!! Kelli
Post a Comment