Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The end of August happens to also be the end of summer vacation

Wow! This is post #2 for August. I have had good intentions but not the time. Probably more so not the motivation because I know I have so many things I have wanted to post on from the adventures we have had since the end of July through August.

From the end of July until August 12 Ethan had off of work. It was a wonderful time spent having many day adventures, birthday fun, visiting with extended family home from California, and enjoying the sun and water at the beach. During Ethan's time off we had a kid birthday party for Emma at Build-A-Bear with 5 of her friends, a family reunion on Ethan's Mom's side of the family, a family birthday party for Emma at home on Sunday, a trip to Nicolet Beach at Peninsula State Park in Door County on her birthday, a couple trips to Bay Beach as a family and with extended family, a first time visit for all to State Fair in Milwaukee, Packers Training camp practice, Packesr Family Fun Night Scrimmage with friends, two trips to Elkhart Lake to enjoy the beach and take in Downtown night in Elkhart, a baby shower, a round of golf, and an 18 and 20 mile training runs. Now do you understand why I have not posted much? So many photos to go through and decide. I have been working on collages though. To be posted very soon.

Since Ethan went back to work we have enjoyed the NEW Zoo twice, I had a devastating loss to be explained later, a few trips to the park, attended a wedding which had a first of its own (to be told shortly), traveled to Madison to see friends from Wisconsin who now live in Washingtion and were celebrating their 10 year anniversary, an open house for Kindergarten, my nephew's birthday party which included bowling and pizza and then brats and hamburgers back at home for the immediate family, another hot 7, 10, and 20 mile training runs. Only 3 weeks to go until our full 26.2 marathon in the Fox Cities. September 19, 8am if anyone wants to come out and cheer us on. We could use the support!

In addition to all of our adventures as a family, Katherine turned 18 months with a healthy doctor appointment and a few shots to keep her healthy. She is taller, bigger, and everyday saying more and more words. And I started to wonder a few weeks back if she would start talking more soon - now there is at least one if not two new words each day being said by her. What was I thinking?!

The last couple weeks we have still kept busy but have had some down time at home. Although obviously not enough down time to post to my blog. The last couple days have been hot so being inside has been nicer. I feel like we were not outside quite as much this summer because of heat and mosquitos! They are incredibly awful around our house.

Tomorrow is the first day of Kindergarten for Emma. My first baby off to school full-time. I can hardly believe it. She is so excited! I am excited for her too. But at the same time cannot believe the little baby who gave me the most fear when she was first born is old enough to start elementary school. A whole new phase of life for us. New worries, new firsts, new memories, and lots of learning for all of us.
Birthday party at Build A Bear and opening gifts at home on her birthday.
Family birthday party
Packers Training Camp and State Fair Fun
Packers Family Fun Night with Friends
Bay Beach - Having fun with family

No comments: