Well, well...I am back. I know...where have I been? Final semester of graduate school, life with a 3 year old and an almost full-time internship are my excuses for not having anytime to post to my blog since August 30! Oh in addition I had been studying, when I could, for the National Counseling Exam which was 200 questions. I took it on a Saturday morning in October. I found out the Friday after Thanksgiving - I passed! So I am now considered by the National Board for Certified Counselors a National Certified Counselor!
I just received a card today from a good friend who said nicely on the back - time to update the blog! Since my daughter and husband have left the house to go snowblow out our friend's driveway I have some quiet time to write. I also have some time because the Christmas preparations are done and life can go on now back to somewhat normalcy. Although there is alot to do in our house to prepare for the baby which is due to come in 6 weeks! Time has flown. I have zero pictures to show for this pregnancy. 2nd one is being slacked on already but I don't plan to keep that up.
As for me I am now graduated with a Master's of Science in Education - Student Affairs and College Counseling from UW-Oshkosh. I graduated December 13th. Some of my family was able to be in Oshkosh to celebrate the occasion including my aunt and uncle from Sun Prairie, WI as well as my 2 godmothers/Aunts and cousin & wife from the Twin Cities. And of course, my parents, Ethan, Emma and my big brother, Todd! On the 12th the Professional Counseling department has a special Hooding Ceremony for their graduates and that was a very special night because it is our time as students to reflect on what this has meant to us and to thank those who have helped us. I cried, of course. The evening started with a bit of havoc since Emma was suddenly vomiting in the bathroom just after we arrived to campus but after an hour or so she seemed back to herself. Made her Mommy a wreck though during part of the ceremony because I did not know how she was and could not be with her - could only watch Ethan have to get up 3 times and to take her to the restroom.
As for the rest of the fall it contained traveling to Madison for Badger games, a trip to the Twin Cities in October to cheer on Ethan in his first solo marathon (usually we run them together), I did run a 5K the day before the marathon and I ran a 2 mile run on Thanksgiving in Sheboygan. Felt good too! Ethan and I celebrated our 5th anniversary at the end of September in Chicago with a wonderful weekend away.
Ethan did great in his marathon by the way - despite the downpour rain for the first 9 miles and cooler weather. Emma, myself, Uncle Todd, Dad, Mom, Brad & Hadley all helped in cheering him along at various points along the course. The day before we celebrated my cousin, Naomi's wedding to Jason. It was a packed weekend!
Emma started 3 year old preschool and loves it! She also started at a new daycare - we had some adjustment issues but she seems to be doing much better. She is very excited to be a big sister! For awhile if you asked her - we are having a girl and her name is Elizabeth. She would tell anyone this but we do not know what we are having nor are we sure on names. Now if you ask her she says she does not know and is better at saying he or she or baby. She repeatedly tells me she loves the baby and likes to tell the baby that through my tummy. I think she will be a great big sister and big helper! She is kept busy taking care of all her babies which are all over the house with "blankets" (actually towels from Badger & Packer games which work great as doll blankets!)
Now we have 6 weeks to prepare for the second baby Treptow's arrival and there is a lot to do! We need to clear out the computer room because it is the baby's room and move the computer and everything else in the room to the family room or basement. But the basement is full and needs cleaning out so that is part of the project as well...we have rented a storage shed for some of our big lawn stuff and it will come in handy for this project as well. Then the family room needs to be rearranged to fit in "an office", still have room for Emma to play, and hopefully a spot for Mom to scrapbook - which I hope to do some more of now that graduate school is done.
I am not sure if it has fully set in that I am finished with school. In some ways I think it has but it also just feels like break. Although I do feel I have more time to get to smaller projects and am not feeling guilty for not using the time to write a paper or read a chapter of something. It is nice not to have any formal obligations right now and knowing I do not have any in January or February. As for me and what's next - have a baby! Then I will decide when to start looking for jobs in higher education - I will look for Fall 2009 or I may wait a year and start looking in spring 2010- who knows. I am doing my best to stay in the present - something my counseling background has taught me to be better at.
I hope you have all had a very Merry Christmas and wish you all the best in 2009. My new year's resolution is of course to stay up to date with my blog. :-) Following all of this I will fill in with some photos to capture the past 4 months.
2 comments:
Welcome back to blogging. Love the photos. Congrats on the graduation. This is the year for graduations. :-) We're so excited to hear of your little ones arrival. Happy New Year!
Holy crap! I about fell over dead when I saw you'd updated your blog!! :)
So great to read what you've been up to!!!! I miss ya!
And now I really need to update mine!! Life is quite hectic these days ...
Take care of you and have a very Happy New Year!!
Love ya!
Post a Comment